LifeAfterDx--Diabetes Uncensored

A internet journal from one of the first T1 Diabetics to use continuous glucose monitoring. Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

Hi! I’m William “Lee” Dubois (called either Wil or Lee, depending what part of the internet you’re on). I’m a diabetes columnist and the author of four books about diabetes that have collectively won 16 national and international book awards. (Hey, if you can’t brag about yourself on your own blog, where can you??) I have the great good fortune to pen the edgy Dear Abby-style advice column every Saturday at Diabetes Mine; write the Diabetes Simplified column for dLife; and am one of the ShareCare diabetes experts. My work also appears in Diabetic Living and Diabetes Self-Management magazines. In addition to writing, I’ve spent the last half-dozen years running the diabetes education program for a rural non-profit clinic in the mountains of New Mexico. Don’t worry, I’ll get some rest after the cure. LifeAfterDx is my personal home base, where I get to say what and how I feel about diabetes and… you know… life, free from the red pens of editors (all of whom I adore, of course!).

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Life, the Universe, and Everything….

…is too damn much sometimes.

So I’m still overworked. And depressed. And Thanksgiving, as expected, totally wrecked my BG control.

I’ve had good luck selling everything I own on eBay to buy drugs; sadly, not the recreational kind. But, boy, it’s a lot of work. Shooting pictures, writing descriptions (which I find to be a lot like blogging, actually), and answering the swarm of questions that come in on each one. How much to ship to Paraguay? To France? To China? To (fill in the blank). Is it really black? How many inches wide is it? Will you take half of the minimum bid and give me free shipping? No. Go to....

I’m exhausted. Totally. But I also know this pre-Christmas season is the best time to sell. So I gotta do it.

Finial decision: I’m going to take a break from blogging. Not a vacation. More of a sabbatical. And just for a little while. I’ll still post as things come up I need to share; but not everyday. Not for a while.

Love you all, see you again before too much time passes.

9 Comments:

Blogger jlash said...

we'll miss you.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your holiday season isn't too crazy, and I look forward to reading whenever you're back to posting!

Take care.

1:41 PM  
Blogger meanderings said...

We all need a break, sometimes. Hope your selling makes BIG bucks and I will look forward to your future posts.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Whenever the blogging mood hits you buddy!

4:26 PM  
Blogger RichW said...

We look forward to your return. Make lots of money.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Albert said...

i'll still be looking for LifeAfterDX to pop up in my Google Reader!

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck with that, maybe make notes of interesting blog subjects as they come up, and fill us in when you find the time...Have a good holiday.

5:49 PM  
Blogger AmyT said...

I'm exhausted, too. And it's only EARLY December. I think all of us PWDs should boycott the so-called "holiday season," ay?

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR - HOPE YOU'll BE POSTING AGAIN SOON.

Ellen

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home