LifeAfterDx--Diabetes Uncensored

A internet journal from one of the first T1 Diabetics to use continuous glucose monitoring. Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

Hi! I’m William “Lee” Dubois (called either Wil or Lee, depending what part of the internet you’re on). I’m a diabetes columnist and the author of four books about diabetes that have collectively won 16 national and international book awards. (Hey, if you can’t brag about yourself on your own blog, where can you??) I have the great good fortune to pen the edgy Dear Abby-style advice column every Saturday at Diabetes Mine; write the Diabetes Simplified column for dLife; and am one of the ShareCare diabetes experts. My work also appears in Diabetic Living and Diabetes Self-Management magazines. In addition to writing, I’ve spent the last half-dozen years running the diabetes education program for a rural non-profit clinic in the mountains of New Mexico. Don’t worry, I’ll get some rest after the cure. LifeAfterDx is my personal home base, where I get to say what and how I feel about diabetes and… you know… life, free from the red pens of editors (all of whom I adore, of course!).

Monday, May 14, 2012

End of the road


I am fucking exhausted. But if I counted right, this is 60 days. That means I kept my promise to you, my readers, to blog everyday about life with mySentry and Revel, for sixty days.

But this blogging every day thing is a HARD job. And in case you didn’t know it, I have a few too many jobs as it is. I’m half-time at the clinic, quarter time at the university, then I do the weekly Ask D’Mine column over at Diabetes Mine (as well as a couple “lightning rod” posts per month as a correspondent), a monthly column for dLife, and articles all over the place. Keep an eye on Diabetes Self-Management magazine over the next few issues, I’ve got some really exciting pieces coming up. Oh, and then I’ve got my most important job: father to ten-year-old Rio. So I’m retiring. What?! No. Not from father-hood. From blogging.

Sort of.

I don’t have the oomph to blog every day anymore. But I’d forgotten how fun it can be to write editor-free.

So going forward my new plan is Wednesdays with Wil. I’m going to post about something every Wednesday. For now, they’ll probably be mySentry updates. I’m still wearing the Revel à la Dexcom: as a standalone CGM. I think it’s a fair bet that the next gen Guardian CGM will talk the Sentry, so this will give me a preview of what that experience might be like. I’ve still got a box of sensors, so if Med-T lets me hang on to mySentry and the neutered Revel a while longer, I’d like to keep running with it for a time.

I’ve also got some other gear laying around that I want to talk about. And of course I always have an opinion, or a war story, or a Rio story worthy of sharing.

And given how long I sometimes write, you’re probably relived that you won’t have to read so much of me so often, too.

So, until Wednesday… be healthy.

Wil

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott S said...

Over the years, we've come to accept these developments -- heck I can remember when you blogged under the pseudonym "Printcrafter" so this is the latest chapter. I'm glad I don't have to change the address this time around ... thanks for keeping us posted weekly!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Meri said...

I know how much effort it must have taken to blog every day like that! Looking foward to Wednesdays!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home