LifeAfterDx--Diabetes Uncensored

A internet journal from one of the first T1 Diabetics to use continuous glucose monitoring. Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

Hi! I’m William “Lee” Dubois (called either Wil or Lee, depending what part of the internet you’re on). I’m a diabetes columnist and the author of four books about diabetes that have collectively won 16 national and international book awards. (Hey, if you can’t brag about yourself on your own blog, where can you??) I have the great good fortune to pen the edgy Dear Abby-style advice column every Saturday at Diabetes Mine; write the Diabetes Simplified column for dLife; and am one of the ShareCare diabetes experts. My work also appears in Diabetic Living and Diabetes Self-Management magazines. In addition to writing, I’ve spent the last half-dozen years running the diabetes education program for a rural non-profit clinic in the mountains of New Mexico. Don’t worry, I’ll get some rest after the cure. LifeAfterDx is my personal home base, where I get to say what and how I feel about diabetes and… you know… life, free from the red pens of editors (all of whom I adore, of course!).

Monday, November 12, 2012

Role reversal


“Do you really want your CGM to get its picture of the world based on one reading from your frickin’ fingerstick meter?”

--Beyond Fingersticks


I wish I could use my CGM to calibrate my fingerstick meter.

As you may recall, I’ve been unsure how good or not-good my health insurance mandated meter is, so I’ve been doing dual fingersticks. Not all of them, just ones for the CGM calibrations.

And you know what I’ve discovered? The little bastards are quite a bit off when I run two readings back-to-back. More so than with the iBG Star or the Presto I used before it. But here’s the ironic part: The G4 is always parked right between the two Nano readings.

Too bad I can’t use the G4 to calibrate the Nano, instead of having to use the Nano to calibrate the G4.

I’d be a lot better off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home