LifeAfterDx--Diabetes Uncensored

A internet journal from one of the first T1 Diabetics to use continuous glucose monitoring. Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

Hi! I’m William “Lee” Dubois (called either Wil or Lee, depending what part of the internet you’re on). I’m a diabetes columnist and the author of four books about diabetes that have collectively won 16 national and international book awards. (Hey, if you can’t brag about yourself on your own blog, where can you??) I have the great good fortune to pen the edgy Dear Abby-style advice column every Saturday at Diabetes Mine; write the Diabetes Simplified column for dLife; and am one of the ShareCare diabetes experts. My work also appears in Diabetic Living and Diabetes Self-Management magazines. In addition to writing, I’ve spent the last half-dozen years running the diabetes education program for a rural non-profit clinic in the mountains of New Mexico. Don’t worry, I’ll get some rest after the cure. LifeAfterDx is my personal home base, where I get to say what and how I feel about diabetes and… you know… life, free from the red pens of editors (all of whom I adore, of course!).

Thursday, December 09, 2010

I’m honored. Thank you.

I just this second got an email via Facebook from Gina Capone, the woman responsible for getting me into this whole blogging biz. (3G--I can’t decide whether to send you diamonds or black roses.)

It seems I’ve been nominated for one of the prestigious 2010 DOC Awards.

Wow.

I feel like a star!

So I logged on to see what I’d been nominated for. Actually, I’ve been dual nominated, but not necessarily for the categories I might have expected—although I didn’t actually expect to be nominated at all, so hadn’t really given it any thought whatsoever. Oh well, if I’d known what to expect today, I would have just stayed in bed. What’s the fun in life if you know what to expect?

So…. drum roll…. I’ve been nominated as the “Blogger who we wish would blog more.” Wow. I’m speechless. Well, momentarily anyway. I’m sure I’ll recover. This strikes me as a very high honor indeed. That readers want to read more of your work is, by far, the highest praise a writer can get.

I’ve also been nominated as “Best Photographer,” which I probably don’t deserve as I don’t put photos in my blogs that often, and when I do, about half the time I’ve just pulled some clip art or public domain photos off the web to illustrate a point.

To my surprise, in looking over the categories, I see I wasn’t fucking nominated for “Best use of Bad Language.” How on earth did that happen? Based on the shit-storm that was created by using a sprinkling of f-bombs (to Quote Amy T) in my books I figured I be a shoe-in here. Although, that might not be the best award to list prominently on a resume anyway. Maybe I need to get more creative in my use of the good ol’ Anglo Saxon slang.

But seriously, thank you. Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is a great honor to be nominated.

Check out all the nominees and the categories over at:

http://docawards.wordpress.com/2010/12/09/2010-doc-awards-voting-part-1/

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

FUCK YEAH...I am in on the "Bad Language" nomination! I think you just had to sprinkle in a few more Wil - LOL. I think I have some stiff competition though...

Congrats Wil. I definitely would like to see more posts from you. I enjoy your writing style and your F-bombs!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well deserved! More, more, more, more... Wait. What the Fructose am I chanting about?? Oh, yes. More blogging by Wil! Eff yea. It's a pleasure reading your words here, on top of the greatness in your books. Thanks for playing.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Yes! We need you to write more Wil! Congrats on the nomination! It's an honor just to be nominated, that's what they all say, but what they really mean is 'Pick me! pick me!' I hope they pick you.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Wil said...

Penny--

True. An honor to be nominated. But would be waaaaaaay cool to win.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Gina said...

I love you Wil! xoxoxo

4:53 AM  
Blogger LaLa said...

Ok - so I found your blog because we were nominated in the same category. Now I'm addicted! I love your writing and really do want you to blog more. :)

I really like your ShareCare answers!!

Good Luck!!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home