LifeAfterDx--Diabetes Uncensored

A internet journal from one of the first T1 Diabetics to use continuous glucose monitoring. Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

Hi! I’m William “Lee” Dubois (called either Wil or Lee, depending what part of the internet you’re on). I’m a diabetes columnist and the author of four books about diabetes that have collectively won 16 national and international book awards. (Hey, if you can’t brag about yourself on your own blog, where can you??) I have the great good fortune to pen the edgy Dear Abby-style advice column every Saturday at Diabetes Mine; write the Diabetes Simplified column for dLife; and am one of the ShareCare diabetes experts. My work also appears in Diabetic Living and Diabetes Self-Management magazines. In addition to writing, I’ve spent the last half-dozen years running the diabetes education program for a rural non-profit clinic in the mountains of New Mexico. Don’t worry, I’ll get some rest after the cure. LifeAfterDx is my personal home base, where I get to say what and how I feel about diabetes and… you know… life, free from the red pens of editors (all of whom I adore, of course!).

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Travel update

Well the car is half loaded, the weather is wonderful, and it is time for a road trip! I mention this, because last night I was having some equipment trouble and I figured if I didn't post for a few days you would all assume that my Guardian had failed me and I was in a diabetic coma.

Well, in fact, the children are playing well together this morning. Both the Guardian and the Cozmo BG meter were seeing eye to eye at wake up and two hour post breakfast. Who knows what caused the trouble last night. It did bum me out though, big time. Up to that point things were almost too perfect. Looks like we're back on track now, only time will tell how often this kind of thing happens!

In twenty five years I’m willing to bet that continuous monitoring will be the standard and our little BG meters will be as obsolete as urine test strips are now. But this is now, not the future, and we are on the cutting edge. Is this technology really ready? That is what this blog is all about.

At the risk of suffering withdrawal, I'm leaving my lap-top behind this trip. I maybe able to post via my Mom's computer if I have a chance, but don't panic if I don't post until Monday night or Tuesday. Talk to you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home